Announcement for Joint research Proposals
- Joint research
- Announcement for Joint research Proposals
The Research Institute for Applied Mechanics (RIAM) Announcement for Joint research Proposals at the Joint Usage / Research Centers for Applied Mechanics for 2017
Thank you for submitting applications for Joint research in RIAM, 2017.
The Research Institute for Applied Mechanics (RIAM) was reorganized to promote “theoretical and applied studies in dynamics” as a nationwide joint-use institute in 1997. In April 2010, RIAM was declared a Joint Usage / Research Center for Applied Mechanics in Japan, and in April 2016 RIAM was approved for the lasting activities. Joint research is one of the most important research activities for RIAM and is being promoted through close coordination with other research activities in RIAM.
The Joint research program in RIAM was restructured into the three research fields of “Earth Environment Dynamics”, “Nuclear Fusion Dynamics” and “Renewable Energy Dynamics” in April 2010. RIAM-promoted joint research activities (“Designated Joint Research”) were established in 2003, adding to existing applicant-proposed joint research activities (“Standard Joint Research”). Research subjects for Designated Joint Research are approved by Boards for Joint Research at the Joint Usage / Research Centers for Applied Mechanics. In 2011, a joint research program to promote international joint research activities (“International Joint Research”) and in 2016 a newly -developed “joint research for career-building” have been established. The international joint research is being promoted through foreign-registered delegates and the joint research for career–building is being promoted through researchers on part–time position or students on doctoral course.
Each application will be reviewed by a Board for Joint Research at the Joint Usage / Research Centers for Applied Mechanics. It should be noted that the deadline for all applications is February 28 2017. Please refer to the following sections for further details on submitting applications.
As for nuclear fusion dynamics, the subjects for Joint Usage/Research are focused on plasma physics and fundamental material science, not combined with the bilateral collaborations of nuclear fusion research.
The successful applicant is required to submit a research report and clear acknowledgment for the joint research project in RIAM is strongly recommended.
- Categories of joint research
- 1-1. Designated Joint Research
- 1-2. International Joint Research
- 1-3. Early Career Joint Research
- 1-4. Standard Joint Research
- 1-5. Research Workshops
- Subject fields for joint research
- 2-1. Earth Environment Dynamics
- 2-2. Nuclear Fusion Dynamics
- 2-3. Renewable Energy Dynamics
- Application procedures
- 3-1. Requirements
- 3-2. Application forms
- 3-3. Deadline and address for submissions
- 3-4. Selection and notification
- 3-5. Contact details
- Protocols and reports
- 4-1. Expenses
- 4-2. Reports on research activities
- 4-3. Deadline and submission of research reports
- 4-4. Publication details
- Summary of available equipment for joint research
- 5-1. Earth Environment Dynamics
- 5-2. Nuclear Fusion Dynamics
- 5-3. Renewable Energy Dynamics
- 5-4. Common-use equipment